Impact of the Parent Champions programme
For over a decade, the Parent Champions programme has transformed the lives of families across the country as well as the lives of Parent Champions volunteers.
Last year, Parent Champions supported over 20,000 parents. 6,500 two year olds took up a free childcare place thanks to the help of a Parent Champion.
• Our peer to peer model is well-established and proven to be effective at raising parents’ awareness of the benefits and availability of local services, such as free early education entitlements - parents are more likely to trust other parents
• The model is adaptable can lend itself to a variety of messages and behaviour changes to meet your local needs
• Low cost method of spreading information and increasing take-up of services, particularly to families who are more likely to miss out
• The National Network of 43 Parent Champions schemes provides opportunities to share best practice, get a national profile, gather national parent voice to campaign and lobby for policy change
• High quality resources and accredited training to build volunteers’ skills to help them be successful Parent Champions and improve employability
Parent Champions are part of a community of parent volunteers gaining valuable experience while helping local families.
Parent Champion Caerphilly becomes the first Welsh scheme to join the Parent Champions National Network
Welcoming our first Parent Champions scheme in Wales to join the National Network.
Parent Champion of the Year 2017, Jade Taylor, shares her inspirational story of how becoming a Parent Champion has transformed her life
Every year, the Queen opens her garden at Buckingham Palace to over 30,000 members of the public who have made a positive impact on society.
Parent Champions Croydon are addressing community need through peer to peer support.
Why Parent Champions coordinators from Hillingdon are excited for the Parent Champions conference and awards 2018
When working on the day to day aspects of our Parent Champions scheme, it is easy to forget that we are part of a nationwide network.